These pages have been created to support my book Singing in the Lower Secondary School (OUP). You can order the book here.
Here you will find on-line versions of lectures delivered since publication, supporting audio-visual material and news of significant new research and development.
The content of these pages broadly reflects the main themes of the book:
- Audiation: The voice as a music teaching resource
- Anxiety: overcoming inhibitions about singing
- Expectations: Identity and efficacy
- Repertoire: Choosing and creating
- The singing voice
- The changing voice: KS3 and adolescence
The on-line lecture below is typical of the kinds of presentation I give based on the contents of the book.